Joining the Baltimore Figure Skating Club provides many benefits, including:
- Practice ice at prime times at reduced cost.
- Social events for members and their families and friends, including our seasonal celebrations (Halloween party, Holiday party, Spring Open House) with free skating and holiday-themed activities.
- The opportunity to test at BFSC test sessions without paying a guest fee.
- Membership in U.S. Figure Skating, which allows skaters to compete in USFS-sanctioned competitions, participate in the USFS testing structure and receive SKATING magazine, the official publication of U.S. Figure Skating.
- Recognition of members’ accomplishments, including grants for skaters qualifying for national championships in singles, pairs and dance.
There are several types of memberships in BFSC:
A) For skaters who do not purchase club ice: This entitles you to all of the above benefits, including membership in U.S. Figure Skating. The cost is $145 per year for the first family member and $110 for each additional family member.
B) For skaters who purchase club ice: This is a discounted membership for skaters who purchase club ice by locking in for specific sessions during any season of the membership year. You receive all of the above benefits, including USFS membership. The cost is $110 per year for the first family member and $45 for each additional family member.
C) Collegiate membership: This is a four-year membership for skaters attending a two- or four-year college or university. Collegiate members receive all the benefits of club and USFS membership. The cost is $90 and covers all four years. May be used only once during a member’s skating career.
D) Introductory membership: This membership is for skaters who have never before been members of U.S. Figure Skating. The cost is $45 per year for the first family member and $35 for each additional member. Valid for one membership year.
E) Coach membership: BFSC and USFS membership for full-time coaches. The cost is $110 per year.